THANKSGIVING DAY is marked on the last Thursday in November making that weekend a really long one. All generations of every family sit together at the feast table on that day.
The Thanksgiving weekend gives the start to the Christmas season. Thanksgiving Day is a holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada.
Thanksgiving is celebrated each year on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States.
Thanksgiving in Canada falls on the same day as Columbus Day in the United States. Because of the longstanding traditions of the holiday, the celebration often extends to the weekend that falls closest to the day it is celebrated.
Thanksgiving is a lot of work, from planning, prepping, cooking, cleaning and the list goes on and on. Thanksgiving history, thanksgiving day party.
16 Thanksgiving Party Tips
- Clean house 3-4 days before
- Set table a couple days before
- Place all serving dishes and utensils on table
- Put post-it notes in dishes of what is being served
- Buy a good number of throw away containers for leftovers
- Get a final head count a few days before
- Have assigned seating to avoid confusion and getting to table much easier and smoother
- Have a separate room away from kitchen for appetizers (to keep guest out of kitchen as much as possible)
- Clean out frig and freezer, you will be filling it up very soon
- Make list, lots of list, what to do, what to buy
- Ask for help, it’s a lot of work for 1 person so make sure to share the workload
- Make as much food the day before as possible
- The morning of take a few minutes to yourself…because the day will get away from you. Thanksgiving Day in America is a time to offer thanks, of family gatherings and holiday meals.
- A time of turkeys, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. A time for Indian corn, holiday parades and giant balloons There are many ways to celebrate and express thanks at Thanksgiving.
- Even in difficult times, there are always things for which to be grateful. The Thanksgiving Day is the time when the harvest is in and it is also the perfect time for the families to get together, give thanks, have Thanksgiving feast and enjoy the Thanksgiving party.
- The new and innovative party ideas will certainly make your Thanksgiving party lively and unforgettable for your family, friends and other guests.
Ten Thanksgiving Party Decorations
- Flowered Pumpkins
- A Fire in the fireplace
- Anything that represent fall, or thanks giving
- Have your table prepared with organization
- Squash Blossoms
- Mini-Pumpkin Wreath
- Pumpkin Candles
- Thanksgiving Turkey Decorations
- Pilgrim and Indian decorations