Speedy Shellfish Spaghetti Recipe. You can now buy packets of dried spaghetti that cooks in less than five minutes – just perfect for quick and easy meals at the bach. Seafood Recipes do not have to be difficult, in fact they can be a lot of fun! Not only fun, but also healthy, easy, and yes – delicious. Start to enjoy simple to prepare seafood Recipes with Shellfish Spaghetti Recipe.
- 6 small portions “quick-cook” spaghetti (or you could use fresh spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1kg mussels, scrubbed
- 750g pipis, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fish stock
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, halved and pips removed
- Extra olive oil for serving
- Italian parsley for garnish
- Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large pan with a lid. Add garlic and thyme then mussels and pipis and toss to coat them in the fragrant butter.
- Add wine, stock and tomatoes (if you like more sauce or a wetter mixture, add more stock to suit). Cover pan and cook 3-4 minutes, shaking occasionally, until shellfish spring open.
- Add drained spaghetti and squeeze over juice from lemon. Toss together and season well with salt and pepper.
- Spoon out into a large serving bowl or platter, drizzle over some good olive oil and sprinkle with parsley. Serves 6