For Volume Hair
Weak, mass-less, dull, and add volume to thin, Everyone wants fuller hair, but it isn’t easy navigating through the tangle of products that claim to boost hair volume and make tresses sleeker and shinier. Learn how to volumize thin hair.
How to get hair volume with long hair: Here for you some tips for volume hair and healthy hair: to get natural volume hair
- Try not to wash your hair the day you’re going to be styling it if possible. Hair that isn’t freshly washed tends to have more hair volume.
- Apply a volumizing mousse or root volumizing spray to damp hair. Work the hair product through the hair thoroughly using a wide toothed comb.
- Massage your scalp with your fingers while drying your hair to give extra lift at the roots. If you have curly hair, scrunch the hair in your hands while aiming the nozzle at the section of hair you’re scrunching.
- Flip your head right side up again while your hair is still slightly damp if you plan on wearing your hair straight, and finish drying using a large vent brush or round brush to continue styling your hair.
- Use your brush to lift the first one to two inches of your hair straight up away from your scalp and point the dryer’s nozzle under the section directed upwards for more hair volume at the roots of your hair. Use the brush to smooth the shaft and ends of your hair and finish drying your hair completely.
- Finish scrunching the hair until it is only slightly damp if you are wearing your hair curly. Let your hair air dry the rest of the way to avoid your hair getting frizzy.
- Use a dime- to a quarter-sized dollop of hair pomade or styling wax to tame any frizzies and define the ends of the hair or any layers you may have.
- For a final burst of hair volume, flip your head upside down again and lightly mist your hair with a light-hold hair spray. Bring your head right side up again and use your fingers to fix any stray hairs.
The institute tested six “volumizing” shampoos on hair swatches and human “guinea pigs,” and compared them against non-volumizing baby shampoos.
The top volume hair products:
Matrix Amplify Volumizing System Color XL volume hair Shampoo, delivered 22 percent more volume. volumizing hair spray.
Clairol Herbal Essences Natural Volume Texturizing Shampoo.
Suave Professionals Amplifying Shampoo provided 17 percent more volume.
Ionic Hair Dryers:
The Good Housekeeping Institute also tested a new breed of “ionic” hair dryers to see if they delivered. The dryers are supposed to bathe the user’s hair in negative ions, which attach to positively charged wet hair, and lock in moisture. Testers found that the new dryers do not save much time, but they were helpful in adding sheen.
The two top picks of Ionic Hair Dryers: IonShine 1875 by Conair, Panasonic Pantene Pro V